Welcome to Highland Cemetery
Rules & Regulations
1. Open 365 days a year. Visiting hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
2. Office hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM - Saturday 9:00 - Noon.
3. All decorations NOT in permanent vases will be removed April thru October.
4. Fresh-cut flowers only April thru October - not responsible for artificial flowers.
5. All Christmas decorations will be removed March1st (even from permanent vases).
6. No CONCRETE, glass or breakable flower containers are allowed.
7. Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day and other holiday decorations will be removed one week after the special day. (unless they are in a permanent vase).
8. Any plantings must be approved first by management.
9. Cemetery NOT responsible for any gravesite decorations, vases, raised memorials, or photos on memorials.
10. Monuments permitted only on lots of 4 graves or more. (exception section 41)
11. No shepherd hooks. No perpetual lamps. No fires. No littering.
12. No pets allowed on cemetery property (restricted to Nature Trails).
13. No firearms. No fishing, hunting, trapping, swimming or ice skating.
14. No student driving. No climbing on monuments or grave markers.
15. No unauthorized assembly. No loitering. No alcohol consumption.
Rules are subject to change without notice
Pay tribute to our Veterans and Military Personnel
3 times a year:
Memorial Day - 4th of July - Veterans Day
Sponsor a flag for $50/year to help us line our
roads in tribute to those who served our country.
We will fly a flag and display a sign with any
information you provide us about your loved one
or friend's service!
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN PURCHASING GRAVESITES:
Before you purchase your gravesites, mausoleum crypts, cremation niches, lawn crypts, grave markers, please give us a call. We are non-profit and our prices could save you hundreds of dollars when compared to the two Northern Kentucky privately owned cemeteries. We will gladly quote you all of our prices, never surprising you with hidden costs.
- What is the gravesite/mausoleum price range and what are the differences?
- What is the opening and closing charge (digging of the grave)?
- Is there an extra charge to have a graveside service?
- Will the cemetery repurchase the gravesites if I decide to move or change cemeteries?
- Is there a charge to have a committal service in the chapel?
- Is perpetual care included in all sales?
- Do you have 3-year interest free payment plans?
- Do you charge more at the time of a death than you do for a purchase in advance of a death?
- Do you allow above ground markers or monuments.
- What are your monument/marker foundation and installation charges?
Highland Cemetery, Incorporated is a "non-profit" corporation consisting of Highland Cemetery, Independence Cemetery and Highland Pet Cemetery, along with Highland Cemetery's Hiking Trails. The Board of Directors, along with Thomas Honebrink, General Manager, manage all three cemeteries.
The main office is located in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. We have served Northern Kentucky for over 144 years!